Ideal Protein's priority is the health and well-being of our attendees. We will work closely with the hotel and vendor partners to create a COVID-19 safety plan for the 2021 event. Ideal Protein will seek to meet or exceed all recommendations and safety procedures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the State of Illinois.
Please note for the health, comfort and safety of all attendees, we are requiring that all attendees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This requirement is consistent with industry best practices and guidance from the CDC and Health Canada. Attendees will be required to attest to being vaccinated in the online registration form via the COVID-19 Acknowledgement and Release prior to attending the event.
We will share all updates on evolving COVID-19 preparations as we actively work to plan for a healthy and productive event. Our current plans, subject to change as needed, include the following:
- Masks & Prevention
- Food & Beverage
- Hand Sanitizer & Hand Hygiene
- Social Distancing
- Chicago & COVID-19
MASKS & PREVENTION
- Ideal Protein will follow CDC guidance, which is currently to wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status, and we will update when guidance changes.
- Please bring your own mask.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting across high-volume common areas will be implemented.
We are excited to see each other in person again, however, we ask that you be considerate of the following:
- Please be cognizant that not all people have the same level of comfort with physical contact. Before reaching out to shake hands or hug someone, consider asking them first.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick prior to, during travel and on-site.
- Practice social distancing when appropriate.
- Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Hotel employees managing food and beverage areas will be required to wear masks during all food services.
HAND SANITIZER & HAND HYGIENE
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available
- Attendees should wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap or water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Signage will be used to encourage physical distancing in common areas where appropriate.
- Meeting rooms will be set with increased space between chairs to allow for physical distancing.
CHICAGO & COVID-19
- The Chicago Convention & Visitors Bureau (CCVB) is actively monitoring developments surrounding the coronavirus as the safety and health of visitors is their top priority. Hospitality partners throughout Chicago are implementing new and enhanced procedures to safeguard Chicago guests.
- You can learn more about Chicago’s COVID-19 health and safety procedures for the airport, transportation, hotels, and restaurants here: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Chicago
Please note again that guidance is changing and evolving, and Ideal Protein's plans and procedures may change. This page will be updated accordingly. Please check back here for updates.