Ideal Protein's COVID-19 Safety Plan
Ideal Protein remains fully committed to holding a successful in-person meeting at the Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center this fall. Ideal Protein's priority is the health and well-being of our attendees. We are working closely with the Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort and vendor partners to create a COVID-19 safety plan that aligns with the Duty of Care for the 2021 event. Ideal Protein will seek to meet or exceed all recommendations and safety procedures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of Illinois and the City of Chicago.
Ideal Protein will continually update our plans and guidelines as new information becomes available and as environmental conditions change. We will routinely share all updates on evolving COVID-19 preparations as we actively work to plan for a healthy and productive event. Our current preparations, which may change depending upon changes in the recommendations and safety procedures from the CDC, State of Illinois, and the City of Chicago, currently include but are not limited to the following:
- Proof of vaccination
- Hand Sanitizer and Hand Hygiene
- On-Site Medical
- Social Distancing
- Chicago & COVID
- Personal Accountability Commitment
PROOF OF VACCINATION
- Proof of vaccination will be required upon pre-registration and must be confirmed before arriving on-site. We encourage all participants to follow state and federal guidelines with respect to COVID-19.
- Disposable face coverings will be available on-site.
- The CDC has advised that fully vaccinated people may forgo wearing a mask. The use of masks in the hotel and meeting space is not required for fully vaccinated people. Those who are not fully vaccinated must continue to wear masks and practice social distancing while in the hotel.
- The Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort will implement increased cleaning and sanitization in all high touch building areas, including but not limited to:
- Escalator and stair handrails;
- All entrance revolving door handles, main door handles, and push bars;
- Public furniture;
- High touch points in meeting rooms (door handles, podiums, chairs etc.).
- For more information on the hotel’s cleaning process and readiness, visit the Hilton CleanStay Program
- Hotel employees are required to participate in a daily health and wellness certification that includes checking their temperature prior to reporting to work.
- All employees have received training regarding coronavirus safety. Individuals performing cleaning and housekeeping duties have received additional training regarding cleaning methods, product use, and other activities.
- Appropriate informational signage regarding the service process and physical distancing parameters will be implemented at every food and beverage function.
- Pre-packaged and individualized catering and menu items will be utilized as much as possible.
- Where available, distance barriers or guards may be used to help prevent breath from coming into contact with open-air food and beverage.
- Physical distancing between guests and catering employees will be enforced based on the latest CDC required distance.
HAND SANITIZER AND HAND HYGIENE
- Contactless hand sanitizing stations will be present throughout the building for use by all individuals.
- Individual hand sanitizers will also be available for each conference attendee.
- Attendees should wash their hands (for example, before, during, and after taking tickets, or after touching garbage) with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Temperature checks will be performed on all staff and attendees each day of the event. If you feel sick or become sick on-site, you are requested to remain in your hotel room and contact our team at email@example.com Ideal Protein will work with the hotel and participant toward appropriate medical care.
- A separate area will be provided for individuals experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 who are unable to immediately leave the event.
- Staggered registration times will be provided along with increased on-site check-in locations.
- Name badges will be individually packaged and provided at on-site registration.
- Registration staff will be available on site to conduct electronic check-ins.
- Attendees must register before arriving on-site.
- Avoid physical contact, as appropriate.
- Signage and floor decals will be used to encourage physical distancing in common areas.
- Plexiglass separations will be placed at registration stations.
- Educational session rooms will be set with increased space between chairs to allow for physical distancing.
- Attendees will be able to ask questions in educational session rooms through an app on their personal devices. Aisle microphones will be removed.
- When feasible, session rooms will have one entry point and a separate exit point.
- The Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort will increase sanitization of high contact surfaces within the facility between each patron group use of any shared area.
CHICAGO & COVID
- The Chicago Convention & Visitors Bureau (CCVB) is actively monitoring developments surrounding the coronavirus as the safety and health of visitors is their top priority. Hospitality partners throughout Chicago are implementing new and enhanced procedures to safeguard Chicago guests.
- You can learn more about Chicago’s COVID-19 health and safety procedures for the airport, transportation, hotels, and restaurants here: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Chicago
PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY COMMITMENT
- By attending 2021 Chicago Super Weekend, you agree to abide by and engage in certain health-and-safety-beneficial conduct while attending the event. This may include, but is not limited to, submitting to daily temperature checks, wearing a mask as required by the venue and recommendations based upon state and CDC guidance, engaging in appropriate physical distancing and not attending the event if you are ill or, if you are not fully vaccinated, have been recently exposed to COVID-19
- By registering for and agreeing to attend this Super Weekend, you affirm that you have been vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration. For the avoidance of doubt, and as provided in this registration, all attendees are required to affirm that they have been vaccinated against COVID-19 and to require proof of such vaccination which may be accepted by the Company (as defined below) as its sole and absolute discretion. In the event that you are unable to produce such proof of vaccination, you understand and agree that you will not be permitted to attend the Super Weekend and that you will have no claim against the Company and will hold the Company harmless for any costs incurred in connection with the event. You also affirm that you are aware of the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 (and its related variants) and the risk that you may be exposed to or contract COVID-19 or other infectious diseases by attending and engaging in the Super Weekend. You understand and acknowledge that such exposure or infection may result in serious illness, personal injury, permanent disability, death, and/or property damage. You also acknowledge that this risk may result from or be compounded by the actions, omissions, or negligence of others, including other Super Weekend attendees. Finally, you affirm that you understand that the Company cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19 or other infectious diseases while attending the Super Weekend and that attending the Super Weekend may increase your risk of contracting COVID-19 or other infectious disease.
- By registering for and attending the Super Weekend, you expressly waive and release any and all claims, now known or hereafter known, Ideal Protein of America Inc. (the “Company”) and its officers, directors, manager(s), employees, agents, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders/members, successors, and assigns (collectively, "Releasees"), on account of injury, illness, disability, death, or property damage arising out of or attributable to attending or engaging in the Super Weekend including, but not limited to, being exposed to or contracting COVID-19, whether arising out of the ordinary negligence of the Company or any Releasees or otherwise. You further covenant and agree not to make or bring any such claim against the Company or Releasees, and forever release and discharge the Company and all other Releasees from liability for any and all claims. This waiver and release does not extend to claims that applicable law does not permit to be released by agreement.
- This Release constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the Company and you with respect to the subject matter contained herein and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. This Release is binding on and shall inure to the benefit of the Company and you and the respective successors and assigns.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH COVID-19, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE VOLUNTARILY ATTENDING THE SUPER WEEKEND WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGER INVOLVED. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL RISKS OF PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RELATED TO THE DISEASE, ARISING FROM ATTENDING OR ENGAGING IN THE SUPER WEEKEND, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE OF THE COMPANY OR OTHERWISE. BY REGISTERING FOR AND ATTENDING THE SUPER WEEKEND, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS RELEASE AND THAT YOU ARE VOLUNTARILY GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE THE COMPANY.