Ideal Protein's priority is the health and well-being of our attendees. We are working closely with the Westin Alexandria Old Town Hotel and vendor partners to create a COVID-19 safety plan for the 2022 event. Ideal Protein will seek to meet or exceed all recommendations and safety procedures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the State of Virginia.
- Please note for the health, comfort and safety of all attendees, we are requiring that attendees be fully vaccinated* OR have a negative molecular test** for COVID-19 within 48 hours of the event. This requirement is consistent with industry best practices and guidance from the CDC and Health Canada.
- Further, please note that all participants, regardless of vaccination status, may be required to wear masks during the event. We will share more details closer to the event.
- All attendees must attest to complying with these rules and regulations when registering via the COVID-19 Acknowledgement and Release prior to attending the event and will be required to show proof upon physical registration at the event.
*To qualify as a fully vaccinated attendee, you must have received at least 2 doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine or a mix of 2 accepted vaccines, or at least 1 dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine, at least 14 full days prior to the day you travel.
**Accepted types of molecular tests: PCR - Polymerase chain reaction, Nucleic acid test (NAT) or Nucleic acid amplification test (NAATs), Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)
We will share all updates on evolving COVID-19 preparations as we actively work to plan for a healthy and productive event. Our current plans, subject to change as needed, include the following:
- Daily Temperature/Health Check
- Registration & Daily Check-In
- Masks & Prevention
- Food & Beverage
- Hand Sanitizer & Hand Hygiene
- Social Distancing
- Virginia & COVID-19
DAILY TEMPERATURE/HEALTH CHECK
- Upon arriving to the event each morning, all attendees will have their temperature checked. Anyone presenting with a fever of 100 degrees or greater will be asked to return to their hotel room, and may be asked to withdraw from the event. Daily Temperature checks are mandatory for entry into the Super Weekend.
- If you feel sick or become sick on-site, you are requested to go to or remain in your hotel room and contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org Ideal Protein will work with the hotel and the participant to provide appropriate medical care.
REGISTRATION & DAILY CHECK-IN
- Increased registration times will be provided to allow for staggered registration.
- Registration staff will be available on site to conduct electronic check-ins.
- Attendees must register online at least 3 business days prior to the event.
MASKS & PREVENTION
- Disposable PPE masks will be available on-site. You may of course bring your own mask.
- Masks can be removed while actively eating or drinking.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting across high-volume common areas will be implemented.
We are excited to see each other in person again, however, we ask that you be considerate of the following:
- Please be cognizant that not all people have the same level of comfort with physical contact. Before reaching out to shake hands or hug someone, consider asking them first.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick prior to, during travel and on-site.
- Practice social distancing when appropriate.
- Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Hotel employees managing food and beverage areas will be required to wear masks during all food services.
- We will increase the number of coffee/tea and water service stations to allow for social distancing.
- Steps will be implemented to decrease buffet lines and wait times.
HAND SANITIZER & HAND HYGIENE
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available
- Attendees should wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap or water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Signage will be used to encourage physical distancing in common areas where appropriate.
- Educational session rooms, when possible, will be set with increased space between chairs to allow for physical distancing.
- Attendees will be able to ask questions in educational session rooms through an app on their personal devices. Aisle microphones will be removed.
- When feasible, session rooms will have one entry point and a separate exit point.
VIRGINIA & COVID-19
- The Virginia Department of Health is actively monitoring developments surrounding the corona virus as the safety and health of visitors is their top priority. Hospitality partners throughout Virginia are implementing new and enhanced procedures to safeguard Virginia guests.
- You can learn more about Virginia's COVID-19 health and safety procedures for the airport, transportation, hotels, and restaurants here: Virginia Department of Health | Visit Alexandria
- Learn more about Marriott's Commitment to Clean and the guidelines and protocols that the hotel must follow to enhance their cleanliness practices and
Please note again that guidance is changing and evolving, and Ideal Protein's plans and procedures may change. This page will be updated accordingly. Please check back here for updates.